Is wellness a regular part of your life?
Is self care woven into how you live?
Especially as we age these are questions we need to ask our selves. We also need to reflect and evaluate what that looks like?
Self care and wellness should be so tightly woven into who we are and how we show up daily that just becomes a part of who we are – not an extra “to do” added on at the end f the day.
What does that look like? We call it the 4 Pillars of Health:
Are we doing things daily that enhance all 4 of these aspects?
Her are some easy ways to enhance that healthy lifestyle and incorporate all 4 Pillars.
- Take 5 to just step back and focus on breathing: 4 counts in, hold for 4, exhale for 4. Practice for 3 minutes then just sit and reflect on how you feel.
- Go outside. Feel the air, listen to the sounds, gaze at the trees, step outside of your head.
- Take a walk – just 5 minutes to move your body does wonders!
- Smile at a stranger, give a compliment, encourage someone, just 1 person to connect with. Watch what happens to your attitude and theirs!
- List 3 things you are grateful for. As you do, more things will come.
- Smile, clap and laugh – these 3 things actually trick your brain into believing you are happy and starts the release of our feel good hormones.
At Alive, Fit & free we provide virtual experiences that incorporate the 4 Pillars of Health in a virtual, global community. Give us a try and connect with likeminded people!